Saturday, June 5, 2010

Using Ancestry.com Hints

I hope that everyone is using Ancestry.com family trees. I know that some people are not fans of ancestry.com, but I have had such good luck with contacts made there. I am a huge fan of the ancestry hints that are given. I have located so many missing census records through their "hints". If you haven't tried it yet, when you are on the home page of Ancestry.com look about halfway down the page to where it says "About this tree", then "View People with Hints". It lists all the people in your database that they have located records for. It is incredibly helpful!  Of course, it is necessary to research the hints to be sure they are accurate and are about your ancestors! Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. I also like to connect to the trees that are linked to the documents I find; it means they go to the trouble to link to these documents as sources, so they usually have some decent information. A lot of sifting has to be done, but if you find a picture, additional document, or a missing part of the family tree, it's all worth it.

    ReplyDelete