Monday, January 8, 2018

#52Ancestors-Favorite Photo-Week2

This was both an easy and a hard choice.  With all my ancestors, my siblings, my children and my grandchildren, I have many special photos.  But the one photo that stands out for me is an interesting choice.  It's a photo of myself at the age of one year old.  That seems rather self-centered, I know, but the reason it is my favorite photo is because it is a photo that my grandmother displayed prominently all of my life, right up to her death in 1986.  When she died, my mom let me have the photo and so I have it in its' original frame on my desk in my bedroom.  Every morning when I see it, I think of how much I was loved.  What a gift a grandmother's love is. 


2 comments:

  1. Grandmothers are very special and I understand why this photo is special to you. Great article and choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Now that I have grandchildren of my own, I try my best to live up to my grandmother's example!

    ReplyDelete